10 Reasons eClaims Mean Effective Insurance Management
Insurance claim reimbursement represents more than 50% of the revenue for a typical dental office and is often the first form of payment toward a procedure. When deciding how to collect from carriers consider both how to optimize cash flow and maximize the usefulness of employee time.
Here are the top 10 significant advantages Dentrix eClaims provides over other means of insurance claim submission.
- Less time submitting claims – Dentrix eClaims is faster than third-party electronic claims services because fewer steps are required to submit claims. You submit them directly from Dentrix. Other solutions require multiple steps that include selecting the appropriate print driver, printing the claims ‘electronically’ and opening the third-partly software before finally, submitting the claims, adding significant time.
- Fewer rejections – Dentrix eClaims validates every claim and provides you with actions to take in order to avoid delays or rejections. The system provides warnings when an omission might result in a delay or rejection. It provides rejection notices when an omission or incorrect information is certain to result in a rejection. Any edits that you make, such as adding an NPI number, are updated in Dentrix.
- Faster reimbursement – Because Dentrix validates every claim for complete data and sends them to one of the largest lists of payers in the dental industry, more of your claims are received by carriers complete and in an electronic format for faster adjudication. Plus, Dentrix eClaims can be tracked from submission through reimbursement, so you know your claim was received.
- Easier attachment process – Dentrix eClaims integrates its attachment solution directly into the claim submission workflow within Dentrix. Your attachments can be sent with your claims, rather than through a separate process that adds extra steps and can create delays. You can even add an attachment using the screen capture tool for situations where the X-ray or image isn’t stored in Dentrix.
- Full electronic claim roundtrip – Dentrix eClaims allows you to receive an electronic EOB directly into Dentrix. This completes a full electronic claim roundtrip and eliminates the need for manual entry for EOBs from carriers providing this connection. From the same window where you process your eEOBs, you can send billing statements for patients with an outstanding balance.
- No claims left behind – Dentrix allows you to run a process to identify all procedures that have been posted but not sent to the carrier. With the click of a button, you can submit these claims electronically. Run this process routinely to ensure that no claims have been left behind.
- Fewer eligibility verification phone calls – Dentrix Insurance Manager integrates with eClaims to automate patient insurance eligibility verification to reduce the daily, time-consuming phone calls to insurance carriers. Depending on the insurance carrier, Insurance Manager will provide detailed, patient-specific eligibility data directly into the Family File, Appointment Book and Document Center.
- No more runaround – With Dentrix eClaims, you know that the insurance carrier has received your claim because of the post-submission reporting. A variety of available reports help you manage your claims more efficiently and with greater peace of mind.
- Integrated real-time claim submission process – Dentrix eClaims notifies you during the submission process within Dentrix when an insurance carrier accepts real-time claims. This allows you to submit claims when the patient is still in the office so you can collect an accurate patient portion immediately.
- No more claim mailing – With Dentrix eClaims, you don’t need to know which insurance carriers have an electronic connection, you can submit all your claims electronically. Claims designated for payers that don’t support an electronic connection will automatically be printed and mailed for you at the same low cost.
Dentrix customers not currently using eClaims can call 833-471-7253, option 2 to learn more about raising efficiency in your insurance management process with Dentrix eClaims and Insurance Manager.Author:
Damon Graves, Director, Product Management, Henry Schein One
Bruce Herbert, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Henry Schein OnePublished: